Microsoft launched its Power BI May 2021 Feature Summary yesterday. From the looks of it, there is not much which I consider noteworthy. I think this is primarily because of Microsoft Business Application Summit (held this month) that portraited quite a few upcoming features in Power BI. It also gave us an updated PBI roadmap.
- Modern Visual Tooltips (Preview)
- This may not look like a major thing, but I like the way it interacts and lets the user Drill Down/Drill through on hover.
- We also have upgraded styling, so as per your theme, the tooltip colour will change. (Just like in the image below)
- New Field List
- This was something that was released in November 2020, which brought out a lot of UI changes on our right pane.
- It is now Generally Available. Link to Nov 2020 article –> here.
- Smart Narratives and Anomaly detection
- Work side by side
- Power BI App now can run side-by-side on Ipad and Android tablets.
- A nifty productivity hack !!!
If you like this content or want me to stress on something, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments, suggestions and feedback.
Check out my previous post titled #PowerJanta – Power BI April 2021 Feature Summary. To know more about #PowerJanta, click here.
Image Credits: Microsoft’s Official Power BI May 2021 Feature Summary.